Production Hiring Immediately – 2nd Shift – Burlington, IA
The Shift One team is currently looking for Production Workers (Line Attendants) to fill openings with our client, a top food manufacturer located in Burlington, IA. This is an exciting opportunity with growth potential!
This role is ideal for those who are ready & able to attend orientation + begin work immediately!
– 2nd Shift schedule: Monday to Friday
– 3:00 PM to 11:00 PM
* Overtime is available
** Part time also available, you can co-create your ideal schedule with our leadership team!
– Responsible for performing different assembly and packaging jobs in the processing of foods
– Makes quality products under sanitary conditions in the most efficient manner and on a timely basis.
– Unpacks raw materials; mixes ingredients; assembles product and packs finished goods.
– Ensures that all products (from raw materials to finished product) meet company and government quality standards.
– Inspects products; throws out or fixes products as necessary; writes down amount of waste as directed.
– Notifies supervisor of quality issues, ingredient/material problems and/or equipment breakdowns.
– Works on a rotation. Rotates to other product lines in other facilities as needed.
– Keeps a straight product flow along conveyors.
– Counts, packs and inspects finished product for correct label, cleanliness, and quality.
– Works in a wide range of temperatures and conditions and will be exposed to moving mechanical parts.
– Wears the appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as required, including but not limited to ear plugs, safety glasses/goggles, bump caps, hair and
beard nets, and gloves.
– Performs all duties in compliance with existing USDA, OSHA, State, Federal, and company regulations, policies and procedures (including Good Manufacturing – – Practices (GMP’s) and safety regulations).
– Responsible for conducting yourself in a manner consistent with company mission, values, code of ethics, policies and other standards of conduct.
– Work in a fast paced environment and perform physical activities, including lifting (up to 50lbs), bending, carrying, pushing, pulling, and other activities as
– High School Diploma or GED preferred
– Ability to stand and walk on concrete for long periods of time.
– Ability to understand simple instructions, training materials, and product labeling. Ability to perform basic math functions.
– Able to work quickly and efficiently with hands, continuously reaching and performing repetitive hand, wrist, and arm motions.
– Ability to work as a team and interact professionally with co-workers
– At least 18 years old and can read and take directions in English or Spanish.
– Team player with good organizational and time-management skills
– Pre-employment background check & drug screening required.
– Full-time pay is: $14.00 to $15.00 per hour
– Attendance bonus of up to $125 / week ($3.19 per hour)
– Full time employees (35 hours +) receive company paid health insurance